Friday 29 January 2016

Glitch art

This is something that my friend Emily Pendle was playing around with in class a few days ago and i practically stole her idea as it looks incredibly cool and i wanted to try to make some glitch art.
As for starters, i had no idea what it was, so she showed me examples on pint rest and i am now hooked.

The examples i saw and liked are obviously better looking, and resemble glitch art better than what i made on my scanner. I used a few of my polaroid photographs, and just moved them along the scanner as it was scanning. They distorted the photographs, making them look longer and monster like, almost not recognisable. I feel like this would be a great way to make textures to over layer illustrations or photographs of my own. I could do a bit of marbling and then pop in in the scanner and make a T R I P P Y pattern to mess around with and get creative.

I hope to experiment a little more with technique in the future as i think it could be a great way of making textures/ distorting illustrations and or photographs.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Share