Saturday 5 December 2015

D.I.Y Lino printing in the name of Christmas!


As its getting pretty close to Christmas, my mom was expecting me to make something artistic for the family for christmas presents. Being incredibly busy this term, i only had time to make some simple christmas cards.
I wanted to make a simple print, so i chose to use lino printing as my medium. I really enjoy making lino prints, and they always turn out looking lovely!!

I understand that black isn't exactly the colour we associate Christmas with, but I'm thinking of printing it on colourful paper (maybe a pastel coloured card).

My final prints worked out really nicely! I had a bunch of paper that i've been hoarding since the art of university (so for a whole year at this point). I used those colourful papers, to print my lovely stag on and I'm really happy with the outcome!

Once you have the right tools and supplies for Lino printing, doing it at home is so much easier than hunting down a printing press, if its just for something little like making personalised cards, or even your own prints then there isn't a point to use a printing press. - I used the back of my hair brush.

I like the prints by themselves, I'm not sure if i need to add anything more to it. Maybe it could do with some type of 'Merry Christmas' on the front but I'm not really sure if it needs it.

But I'm really happy with how they turned out and i hope my family love them!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Share